The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) encourages organizations to adopt gas detection techniques as it enables effective management of risk. Increasing health and safety concerns among people is providing traction to convenient solution for emissions monitoring, named gas detectors. Gas detectors monitor and warn dangerous gas levels using appropriate gas detection methods in unique industrial needs.
Different technologies are used to evaluate variety of gases. For instance, catalytic and infrared sensors detect combustible gases, whereas electrochemical and metal oxide semiconductor detect toxic gases. Maintenance, battery inspection, and calibration of these devices are helpful in providing effective results. Portable, fixed, handheld, and single and multi-gas detection devices are the different types of gas detectors which are used in diverse applications.
Distinctive applications of these detectors are found in sewers, manholes, pits, boilers, shafts, trenches, tunnels, pipelines, tanks, vessels, and containers. It must be noted that emission of harmful gases is a common occurrence during the production of iron and steel, oil refining, chemicals and petrochemicals, natural gas sourcing, refrigeration, and water treatment. To protect against hazardous circumstances, these devices play prominent role in detecting serious gas leak and risk assessment associated in confined working spaces.
This information is based on a recent business intelligence report from Industry ARC, titled “Gas Detector Market : By Sensor Type (Electrochemical, Ultrasonic, Semiconductor, Infrared Sensors & Others); By Product (Portable & Fixed); and By Application (Oil & Gas, Building Automation, Mining, Industrial & Others) & Geography – Forecast(2018 – 2023).” The analyst of the report also identifies requirement from military ships with environmental requirements and emphasis on safety is opening new revenue avenues. Military ships carry fueled aircrafts, thus it demands for consistent and reliable gas detection systems in the ships.
Gas Detector Market: Competitive Analysis
- Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGAA, Honeywell International Inc, Emerson Electric Co, MSA Safety Inc., and 3M Company are some of the key players of the global gas detector market.
- Honeywell invented new connected gas detector in 2018, named Searchzone Sonik. The device is suitable for applications in the oil and gas industry to protect against toxic and explosive gases. It is easy to install and maintain by using an android smart phone with Bluetooth connectivity. Honeywell’s another product, BW Ultra multi-gas detector, detects five different gases that provide reliable performance even at extreme working conditions.
- 3M GMI PS200 multi 4 gas detector, offers robust and accurate results through audible and visual alarms when they are exposed to toxic gases. In 2018, 3M introduced a portable gas detector, named GMI PS500. It detects five different gases using toxic and catalytic sensors in noisy environments.
Gas detector is a device which detects harmful gases in industrial and hazardous environments. Rising health and safety regulations are influencing the demand of gas detectors. These devices are extensively used in iron and steel, chemicals, and oil and gas production facilities. Thus the gas detector market is poised for a fruitful future during the forecast period of 2018 to 2023
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
- Gas Sensors Market
- Gas Sensor and Analyser Market
- Infrared Detector Market
- Smoke Detector Market
- Electrochemical Gas Sensor Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Gas Detector market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis 10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis